Clarithromycin 500 mg film-coated tablets
4.1 Therapeutic indications
Clarithromycin film-coated tablets are indicated for the treatment of the following bacterial infections, when caused by clarithromycin-susceptible bacteria (see section 4.4 and 5.1).
• Bacterial pharyngitis
• Mild to moderate community acquired pneumonia
• Acute bacterial sinusitis (adequately diagnosed)
• Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
• Skin infections and soft tissue infections of mild to moderate severity,
• In appropriate combination with antibacterial therapeutic regimens and an appropriate ulcer healing agent for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori in patients with Helicobacter pylori associated ulcers (see section 4.2).
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).