4.1 Therapeutic indications
Lucentis is indicated in adults for:
• The treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
• The treatment of visual impairment due to diabetic macular oedema (DME)
• The treatment of proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)
• The treatment of visual impairment due to macular oedema secondary to retinal vein occlusion (branch RVO or central RVO)
• The treatment of visual impairment due to choroidal neovascularisation (CNV)
Lucentis is indicated in preterm infants for:
• The treatment of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) with zone I (stage 1+, 2+, 3 or 3+), zone II (stage 3+) or AP-ROP (aggressive posterior ROP) disease.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).