4.1 Therapeutic indications
Naropin 7.5 mg/ml is indicated in adults and adolescents aged above 12 years of age for:
- Epidural blocks for surgery, including Caesarean section.
- Major nerve blocks.
- Field blocks.
Naropin 10 mg/ml is indicated in adults and adolescents aged above 12 years of age for:
- Epidural blocks for surgery.
Naropin 2 mg/ml is indicated for acute pain management
In adults and adolescents above 12 years of age for:
- Continuous epidural infusion or intermittent bolus administration during postoperative or labour pain.
- Field blocks.
- Continuous peripheral nerve block via a continuous infusion or intermittent bolus injections, e.g. postoperative pain management.
In infants from 1 year and children up to and including 12 years of age (per- and postoperative):
- Single and continuous peripheral nerve block.
In neonates, infants and children up to and including 12 years of age for (per- and postoperative):
- Caudal epidural block.
- Continuous epidural infusion.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).