4.1 Therapeutic indications
Methotrexate 2mg/ml Oral Solution is indicated in the following oncological indications:
• The maintenance treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia (ALL) in children and adults.
• The treatment of malignant trophoblastic tumours
Methotrexate 2mg/ml Oral Solution is indicated in:
• The treatment of severe active rheumatoid arthritis in adults.
• Polyarthritic forms of active, severe juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) in adolescents and children aged 3 years and over when the response to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) has been inadequate.
• The treatment of severe forms of psoriasis vulgaris including chronic plaque psoriasis, erythrodermic psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and pustular psoriasis which are not responsive to other conventional therapies such as phototherapy, PUVA and retinoids.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
This is a study to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of bimekizumab in adult subjects with moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis (PSO).
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the serum concentration of ixekizumab after administration using either prefilled syringe or auto-injector in participants with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
This study evaluated the effects of an called apremilast. Apremilast works by lowering some of the chemicals that affect psoriasis and therefore improves the symptoms of psoriasis.
Tofacitinib is an oral Janus kinase inhibitor that is being investigated for psoriasis. Psoriasis impacts on physical and psychological well-being; improvements in health-related quality of life (HRQoL) with...
The proinflammatory cytokine interleukin (IL)-17A plays a pivotal role in psoriasis pathogenesis. Secukinumab, a fully human monoclonal antibody (mAb) that selectively targets IL-17A, has...
Both psoriasis and migraine are associated with inflammatory diseases. However, few studies have been conducted the increased risk of migraine in psoriasis patients. The aim of this study was to identify whether the psoriasis increases...
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).