4.1 Therapeutic indications
Azithromycin tablets can be applied for the treatment of the following infections, when caused by microorganisms sensitive to azithromycin (see sections 4.4 and 5.1):
- acute bacterial sinusitis (adequately diagnosed)
- acute bacterial otitis media (adequately diagnosed)
- pharyngitis, tonsillitis
- acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (adequately diagnosed)
- mild to moderately severe community acquired pneumonia
- skin and soft tissue infections
- uncomplicated Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis and cervicitis
Considerations should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).