Co-amoxiclav 1000mg/200mg powder for solution for injection or infusion.
4.1 Therapeutic indications
Co-amoxiclav is indicated for the treatment of the following infections in adults and children (see sections 4.2, 4.4 and 5.1):
• Severe infections of the ear, nose and throat (such as mastoiditis, peritonsillar infections, epiglottitis, and sinusitis when accompanied by severe systemic signs and symptoms)
• Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (adequately diagnosed)
• Community acquired pneumonia
• Skin and soft tissue infections in particular cellulitis, animal bites, severe dental abscess with spreading cellulitis
• Bone and joint infections, in particular osteomyelitis
• Intra-abdominal infections
• Female genital infections.
Prophylaxis against infections associated with major surgical procedures in adults, such as those involving the:
• Gastrointestinal tract
• Pelvic cavity
• Head and neck
• Biliary tract surgery.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).