4.1 Therapeutic indications
• Treatment of duodenal and gastric ulcer
• Treatment of reflux oesophagitis
• Prophylaxis of reflux oesophagitis
• Eradication of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) concurrently given with appropriate antibiotic therapy for treatment of H. pylori-associated ulcers
• Treatment of NSAID-associated benign gastric and duodenal ulcers in patients requiring continued NSAID treatment
• Prophylaxis of NSAID-associated gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers in patients at risk (see section 4.2) requiring continued therapy
• Symptomatic gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.
• Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).