Thank you for filling out the evaluation form. A certificate of completion will be sent to the email provided in your profile within 5 working days.
1. What is the most common age for presentation of chronic cough?
The correct answer is C. 60–69 years
2. Which of the following is not a related disease of cough hypersensitivity syndrome or laryngeal hypersensitivity syndrome?
The correct answer is B. Gastritis
3. Which of the following is an uncommon cause of chronic cough in adults?
The correct answer is D. Vocal cord dysfunction
4. Which of the following tests should be done as part of the initial routine evaluation when investigating a potential diagnosis of chronic cough?
The correct answer is C. Spirometry
5. What does the Hull Airway Reflux Questionnaire measure?
The correct answer is B. Cough reflux
6. Which of the following is not a theme in the ‘vicious cycle’ of the chronic cough patient experience?
The correct answer is A. Cough hypersensitivity isn’t noticed
7. Which of the following pharmacological therapies are not used for targeting major treatable traits in chronic cough in adults?
The correct answer is C. Antibiotics
8. At what stage of management should you initiate corticosteroids (oral or inhaled)?
The correct answer is A. During initial management
9. At what stage of management would you consider a low-dose opiate?
The correct answer is C. After no improvement is seen with corticosteroids or leukotriene receptor antagonists
10. What percentage of patients with refractory or unexplained chronic cough do not respond to any anti-cough treatment in specialist care?
The correct answer is D. ~40%
This content has been developed independently of the sponsor, Merck Sharp & Dohme, which has had no editorial input into the content. Medthority received educational funding from the sponsor in order to help provide its healthcare professional members with access to the highest quality medical and scientific information, education and associated relevant content.