CVM Webinar Highlights
In this brief expert Q&A session with Dr Kevin Fernando, Professor Melanie Davies, and Professor Luis Ruilope, they answer your burning questions on:
- Primary goals when treating the patient
- Evidence for combination therapies
- The evolving role of the cardiologist, and more!
Navigate to each question using the chapter buttons on the video:
- Are the primary goals of the cardiologist and endocrinologist always the same when treating a patient with hypertension and diabetes? (00:18-02:36)
- Does the VERIFY study clearly show evidence that combination therapy should be considered when managing patients with T2D? (02:37-04:15)
- Do SGLT2i have cardiovascular, or other benefits, outside of glycaemic control in T2D patients? (04:16-05:12)
- Should the role of the cardiologist evolve to have preventative strategies and management of TD2 as an integral part of their practice? (05:13-end)
If you want to learn more about cardiovascular metabolism, visit our Cardiovascular Metabolism Learning Zone where you can explore even more about the management of hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
Launch our EACCME® accredited eLearning module to explore how you translate the diabetes mellitus type 2 and hypertension guidelines into real practice?
are looking at
Developed by EPG Health for Medthority. This content has been developed independently of the sponsor Novartis Pharma AG, who have had no editorial input into the content. EPG Health received unrestricted educational funding from the sponsor in order to help provide its healthcare professional members with access to the highest quality medical and scientific information, education and associated relevant content.