4.1 Therapeutic indications
• Sedation prior to procedures such as endoscopy, dentistry, cardiac catheterisation and cardioversion.
• Premedication prior to general anaesthesia.
• Control of acute muscle spasm due to tetanus or poisoning.
• Control of convulsions; status epilepticus.
• Management of severe acute anxiety or agitation including delirium tremens.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).