4.1 Therapeutic indications
Co-amoxiclav is indicated for the treatment of the following infections in adults and children (see sections 4.2, 4.4 and 5.1):
- Acute bacterial sinusitis (adequately diagnosed)
- Acute otitis media
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (adequately diagnosed)
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Skin and soft tissue infections in particular cellulitis, animal bites, severe dental abscess with spreading cellulitis
- Bone and joint infections, in particular osteomyelitis
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).