Oxytocin 10 IU/ml Solution for infusion
4.1 Therapeutic indications
– Induction of labour for medical reasons, e.g. in cases of post-term gestation, premature rupture of membranes, pregnancy-induced hypertension (pre-eclampsia).
– Stimulation of labour in hypotonic uterine inertia.
– Early stages of pregnancy as adjunctive therapy for the management of incomplete, inevitable, or missed abortion.
– During caesarean section, following delivery of the child.
– Prevention and treatment of postpartum uterine atony and haemorrhage.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).