4.1 Therapeutic indications
Disopyramide is used in the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias as follows:
1. The prevention and treatment of arrhythmias occurring after myocardial infarction.
2. Maintenance of normal rhythm following electroconversion e.g. atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter.
3. Persistent ventricular extrasystoles.
4. Control of arrhythmias following the use of digitalis or similar glycosides.
5. suppression of arrhythmias during surgical procedures e.g. cardiac catheterisation.
6. The prevention of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia.
7. Other types of arrhythmias e.g. atrial extrasystoles, Wolf-Parkinson-White Syndrome.
Why sign up with Medthority?
Develop your knowledge with our disease and condition focused Learning Zones
Access content from credible sources, including expert-led commentary, videos, podcasts, and webinars as well as clinical trials, treatment information and guidelines
Personalised dashboard providing updates and recommendations for content within your areas of interest
The drug SPC information (indications, contra-indications, interactions, etc), has been developed in collaboration with eMC (www.medicines.org.uk/emc/). Medthority offers the whole library of SPC documents from eMC.
Medthority will not be held liable for explicit or implicit errors, or missing data.
Drugs appearing in this section are approved by UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), & the European Medicines Agency (EMA).